Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Catch Up Time

I haven't been posting for awhile because on December 3, 2008, I had a complete knee replacement. It's now January 7, and I'm am glad to say my rehabilitation has been most successful. I can walk without a cane (except outdoors where there are more hazards for falling) and can go up and down stairs. I've yet to try driving my car so my daughter has been a wonderful help in buying me groceries. On January 3, I had my 80th birthday. I took my daughter, granddaughter, grandson, and great granddaughter to lunch for a celebration. The event turned out to be more tiring than I had expected. We should have stayed in Sonoma instead of driving all the way to Corte Madera (about 50 miles roundtrip).

I may fly to Columbia, South Carolina, to see the Cyber Fyber exhibition coordinated by Susan Lenz. I am most excited about seeing all the wonderful fiber art on display. I may also meet up with Susan Sorrell (who lives in Greenville, SC) for a chat and a cuppa tea. I won't see my surgeon until January 16 (I plan to fly the next day) and hope he will okay my trip. The only difficult part would be having to sit so long on each leg of the trip (a stop in Dallas) so I'm going to try to get an aisle seat on the port side so I can straighten out my leg when necessary. If I go, I'll take lots of photos to post on my blog.

No comments: