I've laid out the fabric pieces for my quilt. I need to add some color to the lower left to balance the upper right. About a year ago I bought some upholstery fabric remnants at Britex in S.F. I was into making purses at the time. I thought these fabrics would make terrific tote bags. Never got around to it. I decided to make my bird quilt using the upholstery fabrics. I pulled out the colors I thought would work together, added a piece of periwinkle cotton and a piece of sheer metallic, and found a colorful jaquard batik for the accent color. I fused the pieces of my titmouse, but the rest is not even pinned down, yet. I also thought I'd try doing a quilt with raw edges on the fabric pieces. I like the way the quilt is going right now. Check back soon for further developments.
Monday, October 29, 2007
Posted by Caroline Commins at 9:46 AM